Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This week's crazy cooking thing

When the CSA box arrives, it's like Christmas. I try really hard not to peek at the newsletter that arrives on Mon/Tue each week. So, walk the 3 blocks on Wed evening to pick up the veggie delivery, it's a like seeing a chest in WoW. You don't know what's in it, but you know that it's a step up from the usual loot.

This week we got oranges, and it's one of *two* fruit items! Strawberries are a regular appearance and we love them, but, bless them for adding more fruit. Not only is it one less thing to get from the grocery store, but it cuts back on the wall of greens (lions and tigers and bears! oh my!).

We also got mint. As usual, on the way home, I'm thinking. Mint? Strawberries? Dessert. Sure. But... what *kind* of dessert.

So, here's this week's crazy thing. And every crazy thing deserves a made up name:

Il formaggio di menta con le fragole

That would be "mint cheese w/ strawberries". (Thanks FreeTranslations!) Bad name. I know. But it's like a cannoli stuffing. Hmmm. I'll work on it.

But, not just any mint stuffing: Tofu. (C'mon, regular cheese wouldn't be crazy.)

No comments: