We went to tons of shows the last few months. Here's the end of September. In an Ashland-rush-style weekend we saw 4 plays in 3 cities!
9/28 - Three Sisters at the Pear in Mountain View by Chekhov. I'm duty-bound to see one more Chekhov play (my third) before I start talking badly about him. (Assignment: Seagull). At this point, I think I'm free to say that: his works seem to be very difficult to stage effectively.
9/29 - MacB at Carmel Shakes in Carmel. A classic, of course.
Open air Peter Pan at the evening show at PacRep's Forest Theater in Carmel. Flying! Sword fights! And a really spectacular venue. Lovely wife R will be directing kids in Mountain View in this show next year, so this was a must see.
Off to our little campsite for the night...
9/30 - An AM detour to a fabulous little farm stand and foodie store complete with corn maze.
Then back to SF for the closing show of the home team's Midsummer Night's Dream. (check out video highlights from the show!) Nearly got rained out, but the weather pulled through and we saw the BEST! performance. The cast was really on and the crowd ate it up. A nice way to end the season.
1 comment:
Corn maze! Wow, you had time for corn maze on uber-theater weekend? Wow.
Post a Comment