Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two themed meals in one week!

...that's a good week.

Had some good friends over for dinner, so I could cook for 4! I went for a Mid-east-ish centered meal. Was thinking about lamb, was considering trying to do everything on the grill, but ended up going with an old stand-by and heating up the house with the oven.

* Stovetop flatbread, hummus and olives.
* Taboulah (from a box. oh the shame!) with chopped tomatoes on lettuce
* Breaded eggplant
* Lebanese chicken with roasted onions and zucchini (which turned out spectacularly well! hard to go wrong with roasted chicken.)

Had more of the peach galette for dessert.

Since the oven was on, I also roasted the beets from the veggie box (going to toss it in salad with feta) and a head of garlic ('cause I love me some garlic). I'm ready for the week!

No comments: