Highly recommend the Chabot observatory/astronomy center. Also, the park experience was much better than the last time I was there (2003). I think our campground was #21, away from the crowds and overlooking the lake. Very nice.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Astronomy Camping - Jan 2009
Trying to do at least an overnight camping trip each month this year. To kick it off, me 'n' Sarge 'n' Neighbor Ed went to the Chabot Space and Science Center for the day/evening and car-camped at Chabot Park.
Highly recommend the Chabot observatory/astronomy center. Also, the park experience was much better than the last time I was there (2003). I think our campground was #21, away from the crowds and overlooking the lake. Very nice.
For stargazing, tho', a complete bust. Fogged in from Sat. noon to Sun. dawn, so: no observatory time at the science center and no stargazing at our campsite. Ah, well. I'll be looking for a full moon hike in the Bay Area this summer...
Highly recommend the Chabot observatory/astronomy center. Also, the park experience was much better than the last time I was there (2003). I think our campground was #21, away from the crowds and overlooking the lake. Very nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment