Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Walter speaks: The Hobbit is happening

Grand news from my entertainment guru!

Read it!

Breathe it!

LIVE IT!

....Ok, maybe not. But, still: Hurray! Smaug!

One headscratcher, tho':

>> two films, “The Hobbit” and a sequel
>> to “The Hobbit.”

...what?

They aren't saying the Hobbit will be split in two, they're saying a sequel. ummmm... thoughts?

3 comments:

gaz_90 said...

I had the same thought Herr Wisnewski..What concerns me though is the Jackson is not directing. Remember the proclamation for the studio head? (Something along the lines of "you'll never direct another movie (or the Hobbit at least) for us"..

gaz_90 said...

Ja wohl Herr Wisnewski. Good news yes, sequel = huh?

Jackson is not slated to write or direct either at this point -- only executive produce with complete creative control. I will bet that he steps in and directs before it is all over..

spinnity said...

In one news article, I read that the "sequel" will cover the 60 years between the Hobbit and LoTR. This is highly suspect and most likely a Very Bad Idea. But for now... Yay, Smaug!